This website (the ‘Website’) is owned and operated by the Tweed Shire Council.
The Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 ('PPIPA') provides for the protection of personal information and for the protection of the privacy of individuals.
The Tweed Shire Council owns or licences all Site Materials and asserts and reserves its and its licensors’ copyright and other intellectual property rights in this Website and the Site Materials.
The Tweed Shire Council supports the sharing of information and the use of the Site Materials for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under and subject to the conditions prescribed in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). However, you are not permitted to reproduce or reuse the Site Materials for commercial purposes.
- make a temporary copy of part or all of this Website on your local computer for the sole purpose of viewing it; and
- print copies of whole pages of this Website and the Site Materials for your personal non-commercial use.
- use, copy, modify, translate or create any derivative work of all or any portion of this Website or the Site Materials;
- un-bundle any components of this Website or the Site Materials;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to gain access to the source code of all or any portion of this Website or the Site Materials;
- remove, alter, cover or obfuscate any copyright notices, trademark notices or other proprietary rights notices placed or embedded on or in this Website or the Site Materials;
- sell, transfer, licence, rent, lease, loan, provide, distribute or otherwise transfer all or any portion of this Website or the Site Materials to any third party; or
- link to this Website or the Site Materials from any other website or cause all or any part of this Website or the Site Materials to be framed or embedded in another website,
without the Tweed Shire Council’s prior written consent (which may be withheld in its absolute discretion).
The Tweed Shire Council provides this Website as a general reference source for information purposes only, and reserves the right to correct, amend and update the Site Materials from time to time in its absolute discretion. You should not rely on any Site Materials unless you have separately applied in writing for and received written confirmation from the Tweed Shire Council that such information is correct and up to date.
You should seek appropriate legal or other professional advice before relying or acting on any Site Materials or other information made available or provided to you by the Tweed Shire Council.
Despite our best efforts, this Website and the Site Materials are provided ‘as is’ and the Council makes no representations or warranties in relation to the quality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for purpose of this Website or the Site Materials or that this Website or the Site Materials are free from infection by computer viruses, malicious code or other contamination or defects. The Tweed Shire Council recommends that virus checks should be done on any downloaded Site Materials.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Tweed Shire Council excludes completely all liability to any person for loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to this Website or any use of the Site Materials.
Tweed Shire Council provides Google Translate to provide greater accessibility to our sites and our customers who may use a language other than English. Council provides this translation service as a third-party add on and basic translation service only and it is not intended to be a comprehensive or entirely accurate translation at all times.
Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to other websites (the ‘Third Party Websites’) operated by organisations other than the Tweed Shire Council. The Third Party Websites are outside of the Tweed Shire Council's control and links are provided for convenience purposes only and are not intended to suggest that the Tweed Shire Council controls, sponsors, approves or endorses any Third Party Website, or any content or information available on or through any Third Party Website.
Security of Information
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and communications to and from this Website may be intercepted or altered in transit. Although the Tweed Shire Council strives to protect such information, the Tweed Shire Council does not represent or warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which is transmitted to or from this Website. Nevertheless, once the Tweed Shire Council receives information from you, it will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information in accordance with its Privacy Management Plan.
Termination of Access
Access to this Website may be terminated at any time by the Tweed Shire Council without notice.