The Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre accepts tax deductible donations, gifts and bequests.
The Tweed Regional Gallery Foundation Ltd
The Foundation supports the Gallery through a range of programs and is a not-for-profit organisation benefiting the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre. Donations of $2.00 and over are tax deductible. (ATO Reference number 900 445 692).
You may support the following funds:
- The Margaret Olley Art Centre Fund
- The General Purposes and Objects of the Foundation Fund (This is a General Fund)
- The Gallery Projects and Programs Fund (This Fund will help financially support the projects and programs initiated by the Gallery such as touring exhibitions, publications, education and public programs)
- The Gallery Acquisitions Fund (The Gallery receives no government funding for acquisitions for the Collection. The Gallery is totally reliant on the generosity of individuals and the Foundation to raise money to purchase artworks)
Substantial gifts entitle the donors to membership of the Foundation in various categories:
- Members: Persons who make a gift of $1000 or more but less than $5000;
- Silver Members: Persons who make a gift of $5000 or more but less than $15,000;
- Gold: Persons who make a gift of $15,000 or more; or
- Platinum Members: Persons who make a gift of $30,000 or more.
All members' names are permanently recorded on an Honour Board in the Gallery. Naming Rights for various parts of the Gallery may also be negotiated.
Cultural Gifts Program
The Gallery is endorsed to accept gifts through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program. The program allows donors to donate artworks to public art galleries to receive a tax benefit which may be apportioned over a five year period. The Program requires that the artwork must be of relevance to the institution, fit within the gallery’s collection policy, and must be valued by two approved valuers at proven market prices.
There are now over 1000 artworks in the Gallery’s Collection. Many are gifts and donations.
Please contact Gallery Director Susi Muddiman on (02) 6670 2792 for further information, or visit Ministry for the Arts